PurposeIf you encounter a privacy violation, and wish to file a complaint, it is often difficult to determine how to do so. The following are links. Several of these pages include referral links. For example the
Most of these are US, but as I come across other national sites, I will attempt to post them.
- www.donotcall.gov (US) For "do not call" complaints as well as registration to the "do not call" list
- Gateway page for National Credit Union Administration (NCUA, US)
- This includes links directing the reader to the correct agencies for reporting most types of financial institutions.
These are privacy request letters, typically sent in response to a "We will use your personal information any way we damn well please" letter.
- to Sample GLBA Letter
- to Sample Privacy Request Letter for Telecommunications for privacy requests directed to common carriers (under 47 USC 222 and the GLBA (US))
- Back to The Telemarketing Scum Page
- Back to privacy index
site first posted November 3, 1996 the GLBA page posted 23-Dec-03 ~~ this page rev 2-May-2018 ~~ written in WordPerfect 5.1 ~~ copyright 2003, 2018 by S. Protigal ~~ Feel free to link to this.
The Telemarketing Scum Page website can be located on any search engine by searching for "The Telemarketing Scum Page".